Monday 14 September 2009

Weddings

I haven't posted in ages due to general not being able to grab the computer long enough to make a coherent sentence. Also have no new photos! Which is obviously upsetting for one and all, but if I do some serious begging with Hester I may be able to pikey some new ones of hers. But won't be up for about a week ish.

So the theme of this day, week, whatever, depending on how many things I can get hold of is weddings. It started because I sang at a wedding on Saturday and thought it was lovely that the groom was so nervous that he put the ring on the wrong finger and said the wrong words. Well, this bought up the subject of weddings with my friends and there was an interesting array.

Some of my friends, especially Lucia, have everything from the flowers to the food sorted, but most only had the dress. Myself, I want a winter wedding. So cold that I can wear a full length white fur coat, with a proper white fur hat. I would love a train for my dress, but the expense might get a bit too much. Naturally the bridesmaids would wear fur hats, but in peachy orangey with hand furs as well. I like fur what can I say.
I completely agree with Savannah though. She thinks that brides have to have curly hair. It just completes the Romantic era look. Slightly Taylor Swiftish in Love Story.

Sweetheart necklines came up a lot. I thought that was nice, not just the name though. They are sooo flattering, but Hester came up with it so I guess it stays with her. I love the idea that shoulders should be covered as it links back to older fashions and maintains the traditional element in the wedding ceremony.

At 17, it's unlikely I'll get married anytime soon, but a girl can dream. I'll add to this blog as I gather more info on the ideals of the female race. Some how the dress is always the most important thing...

Over and Out,
BK

No comments:

Post a Comment