Wednesday 16 September 2009

Cricketeers.

Well, they aren't rugby players let's be honest. But there was this guy at school wearing a cricket jumper and buttoned up shirt. Was impressed I have to say. On the fashion side on things the guys are waaaay behind the girls. Other than the rugby shirts. The rugby shirts can stay.
I have to say though the introduction of beanies is really not needed to be honest, there is one guy with great hair. The beanie addition is not to my liking.

Actually I might just talk about men's fashion today. I feel like discussing this one sided with myself. So it's usually jeans and t-shirts right, with the odd checked shirt added in for good measure. Checked shirts are everywhere. I do believe there is one in my wardrobe. Anyway, back to the topic at hand.

So... men's fashion eh? Well, there is little at my small school bar the odd cool piece or the guy who feels he should be the 'style icon of the school.' Omg was my reaction to that modest remark. But he does have an amazing vintage Burberry trench coat so good on him I guess.
As I'm not a giant fan of tracksuit bottoms or sweat pants or whatever you call them, I don't usually approve of them on anyone unless there is sport involved. But I have to say that there is one guy at school, a different one to the aforementioned ones, that pulls off a pair of grey Converse ones especially well.

Btw, this isn't just a random gush about the guys in the school, just their clothes. And apparently hair as my lovely friends all suggested when I told them about this particular blog.
So apparently the 'public school' style or anything with body (to a certain limit) is advised. Curly hair is a gift from the gods, let it grow!!
Personally I'm more of a shirt that a t-shirt person when it comes to the masculine dress sense, but tank-tops are apparently also high on the list. My friends have very strange preferences it would seem. As are polo shirts. I have to say I do agree with that one. We like arm muscles. Haha.

This has taken a sort of conversational tone now I realise. Now bullet points:
(Btw I have recently become mildly obsessed with Brideshead Revisited and The Boat That Rocked so that might influence ideas...)
Ok... Here goes...
  • Shirts with v-neck jumpers
  • Long shorts.
  • The shirt and jeans look is apparently thumbs up worthy
  • I love tweed so a full length tweed coat is a must have.
  • POLO NECKS!! Jeremy Irons influence. Love love love
  • Ties for casual is not good. But for smart is. Or a bow tie.
  • The smart look has to be shirt and tie and all. I love tails, top hat and cane personally. Classic, slick backed hair. Clark Gable, Frank Sinatra. Lovely Lovely

This is the end of this blog as it has gone on for too long.

Over and Out,

BK

Btw- Sam Hallows if you read this. Ha! But well done. And good guessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment