Friday 4 September 2009

Schoolage...

Right... So it's the first day back after a lovely break of six weeks involving Facebook and ice cream, and I was so psyched to wear the kimono, that was until mother of mine decided that maybe it needed cleaning before it was revealed to the populous. (She later said that she had nothing against it. Whatevs.) And therefore with twenty minutes left until the car left I had to get ready. So I chuck on a shirt... as a skirt and for my efforts am rewarded with:
Mother: Billie, maybe the world just isn't ready for that.
Billie: They had it in Vogue.
Father: Yes, in a renowned fashion magazine. Fashion is not important for school.
I'm shocked I really am. So I stick to my usual. One of ma mere's 80s waist skirts, beige and black houndstooth, short and tight. A pink t-shirt, I never wear t-shirts. Ever. And a red waist belt that has clearly seen better days. Teamed with my lace up ankle boots and my hot pink mac, I was set to go. But sadly I forgot my camera. Which sucks. Basically, if you want an idea, stick the above clothes on a figure which is pretty much boobs and bum, with a waist.
Dolly wore this really nice checked shirt dress, pirate boots and my belt. For once I wasn't wearing the shortest skirt, that's a first.
Dunno if you've heard of them, but I was introduced to a lovely thing called jeggings a few weeks ago. They seem to have taken over the school. Apparently bought from Topshop (link here,) these articles were in abundance. I'm talking about twenty people. A bizarre mixture of the latest fads of skinny jeans and leggings, they only suit the most toned, and appear to be see through. I saw many an interesting pair of underwear. The thing is that people were them like jeans, so t-shirts and short shirts were the usual accessories. Hideous. Maybe I'm jealous that my size 12 frame wouldn't squeeze into something clearly not meant to be worn and kinda resembles a navy sausage skin... I think not.
I have to say that the tartan shirt trend is one that I'm loving atm though. Again a lot of them around, on both guys and dolls, but they are eternally flattering and come in so many shapes and colours that they work on everyone. I'm thinking of investing, well, picking one up from the local Cancer Research or from the mother.
As I've said before I can't wait till winter. Having already had two power cuts today, I'm feeling the cold, so the cashmere is out, but I don't think it's quite wool coats and tweeds yet. I'm waiting. Patiently.
It was great to be back at Ye Olde Schoole, and will need to bring a camera in, or see if anyone took photos today.
Over and Out,
BK

No comments:

Post a Comment