Thursday 22 October 2009

Bellowhead...

I'm ill again. Apparently I have been for the last two weeks, my classics teacher keeps threatening to send me home. I guess it doesn't help I was doing car parking for the school open day. In the pouring rain. And the day before had been to quite possibly the best live thing I've ever seen. Live thing I mean Twickenham, Latitude, Mika, the Queen. A motley collection but true. It's great to see a band that where every member, all 11 of them, is amazing at their instrument and usually plays a mixture. Their name is Bellowhead, and in need of a cliche, they rock my socks.


I think Lucia and everyone at school is pretty annoyed at me about talking to them. I went with Savannah to this really small venue, I was standing about four metres away. We describe it as alternative folk, but is just general awesomeness, for want of a better word.
The lead guy, Jon Boden, had a kazoo attachment to his violin, you don't really get much better than that. Even inspired me to take up my violin after a year. Truly inspirational. Drinking on stage, with ties gradually getting looser and looser, rocking out whilst playing a banjo. Does it get a rawer than this? I think not. Generally amazing. If you can get tickets, watch them. It will be worth it.
Plus at the end they all hung out round the merchandise, signed bag!

Over and Out,
BK

No comments:

Post a Comment