Sunday 18 October 2009

Too much to say, so much homework to do...

Joe Calzaghe is out of Strictly Come Dancing. Possibly one of the worst things ever to happen on one of those celebrity fuelled reality programmes. He is an absolute legend with quite possibly the best name in the world bar his father Enzo.
So... anyone watch x factor yesterday. Diva night. Thought it was strange there wasn't a Mariah song in hearing, apparently due to the Mariah Carey night last year. Oh the joys.
  1. Anyway, let's start with Olly, methinks we have a winner there. He is awesome and his dancing was way better than Lucie's apparent dancing according to the ever so slightly amazing Dannii. Does he have the x factor? I think soooo.
  2. Loved the twins. Though the R-Patz look is still there I loved that they reenacted that scene from Britney's video. Loved it.
  3. Lloyd. OMG! What is wrong with that guy? Something is not quite right I swear. He has a bizarre singing voice and looks like my friend's ex. Need I say more? Bar his slightly strange relationship with Cheryl. The chin stroking, the calling her 'Babe.' If there wasn't an 11 year age gap, I'd think something was up. But I have to love him slightly for the accent. I have a thing for the Welsh. Like wow, did you know the lovely Ioan Gruffudd is grade 8 at the oboe. Makes me want to practise mine, which is a complete shock to the system.
  4. Joe is adorable, infectious smile and great voice.
  5. Rikki... slightly unholy note at the end there. Sorry mate, but you really can't beat Aretha unless you are Rupert Everett. My Best Friend's Wedding anyone?
  6. Who have I missed? O Jamie, missed it actually. But from Dolly was apparently 'very emotional and generally heart wrenching.' How descriptive.
  7. Oh! The girls. Missed them. Stacey, great dress, lovely girl. Rachel... interesting, bizarre make-up, but great voice. Lucie... great vocals, too ordinary?
  8. Miss Frank will go. I'm sorry. I love the tall girl's hair, but meh. Basically.

I think that's the run down of my Saturday evening yesterday. Other than repeatedly listening to Hans Zimmer on Spotify. Black Hawk Down soundtrack is actually spectacular. Gortez a Ran is perfect. Haven't seen the film, but the soundtrack is soooo good. Gortez a Ran is sung in Breton, words cannot describe. Just take five minutes out of your day to listen to it please. For me. It will be worth it.

I wish I could compose music as beautiful as this.

I know what else I did. Muriel's Wedding. Love that film, I truly believe Toni Collette is one of this generation's unsung actresses. About a Boy, Little Miss Sunshine. So versatile, well plays quirky characters. What annoys me in this film is not the ABBA music, it's the only time I can stand the stuff. It's the fact that she doesn't stay with the gorgeous swimmer! Ok, they aren't in love and it was a marriage based on money anyway, but at the end when she leaves it almost made me cry. Yes it was 12.15 and I should have been asleep and have been ill last few weeks, but no excuse. I've watched that film so many times, and every single time! It annoys me as you can probably tell...

I'll post some more designs tomorrow as really should right my Classics essay. But HA! my parents went to a friend's 50th yesterday and there was a stripper. The people's 12 year old son was there. I was shocked, but apparently it was all in good taste. I laugh.

Over and Out,

BK

No comments:

Post a Comment