Friday 9 October 2009

Dreams...

So I wake up this morning and I have this huge depression over me for the rest of the day, purely because I had a great dream. I woke up. It wasn't real. Now I have to obtain everything in my dream...
The general gist is that I went into my local branch of Cancer Research. I'm looking at a pile of polyester scarves and then this little old lady comes in with two huge bin bags. I offer to help her and I carry the bags to the till. They are not done up and inside I see a tweed jacket. You might not know that I have a pretty huge obsession with tweed, but I do and am absolutely thrilled it's in this season. Not that it's ever stopped me before. Anyway, sidetracked.
The old lady explains to the till person that the bags are full of clothes that she has no room for but has collected over her long life. Then she just disappears as people do in dreams. Intrigued I ask the till person if I may take a look inside. I pull out the tweed jacket. It's cashmere and cropped but with a pair of tails at the back. It also has a velvet collar. Standing shocked with my sister, I ask how much she wants for both bags. The till person doesn't even look in the bag and says yeah sure you can for £10. So I hand over my cash and walk with Dolly down the high street with two huge bin bags, which by this time have grown to monumental proportions. I get home, the mother is like, Billie, what the hell have you been buying? So I open up the bags...
Inside is a vast amount of clothes. Silk slips, a few tweed jackets, ballgowns, fur coats, a fur muff, full length wool skirts, silk ruffle shirts, cloche hats, opera cloaks, wool capes, cashmere jumpers. And loads of lace summer dresses. All in perfect condition. Then at the bottom is the fur coat Liza Minelli wears in 'Cabaret' (I had watched it the night before, so makes sense.) I was actually in heaven. All this for only £10.
I woke up. I remembered. I nearly cried.
I hate dreams like this. They are amazing until you wake up and then just ruin your day. My friend had a similar one where she was mysteriously given shoes through the post. She has a sliiight shoe obsession, which explains this particular dream. Apparently she woke up shouting, 'Another Jimmy Choo!'
At least the dream was different from my usual, for the last month or two the same guy has appeared, in the background. Thing is he is gorgeous. Quite literally the dream guy. Pale, green eyes, the same coloured hair as Kate Winslet in Titanic. Simply cherubic and beautiful.

Had any similar dreams? The clothes one is always a killer.

Over and Out,
BK

No comments:

Post a Comment