Sunday 11 October 2009

Earwigs and Men...

There actually is no correlation between men and earwigs. Well, there might be but can't think of any at this current moment... Suggestions accepted.
On the topic of earwigs. We had an infestation in the summer. They are Dolly's worst nightmare, like mine are giant squids, but that's for another time. Anyway it was horrible, they were pouring out of the window frame, millions. The mother came in and sprayed them all. I like her for that. But since then I keep finding them in the study where the computer is. I found one just one, general screaming of 'Die, you ghastly specimen! Die!' and foot stamping. I see it now. Curled up on the floor cowering beneath my orange shoed feet. It was similar with the wasp in the summer. That one was disposed of using my Latin dictionary. It's not that I dislike insects, I just find them threatening and they generally irritate me. The chance I might get stung doesn't fuss me. I dunno, just get overcome by this sudden violent streak.

So, men then. Basically I love men's fashion. Not the fashion so much but the items. I was discussing this with my friend Franky the other day. She recently bought many cardigans and jumpers from Edinburgh Woollen Mill. You should try it sometime, good quality wool and the sales are good. I frequently go to pick up cardigans. This conversation got onto the topic of men's fashion and the pros and cons, by this time there were a number of other friends there as well.

Pros-
  • Nice tailoring
  • Better fabric/ Same fabric- Better cost. TKMaxx I'm looking at you and your cashmere jumpers.
  • Shirts aren't fitted and therefore work well for the bustier wo-man.
  • Apparently they are sexy- I have been told a number of times by guys. Hence the apparently
  • According to Dolly- accentuates your feminine character(?) especially with feminine make-up and hair
  • More practical
  • Shirts make great dresses.
  • Perfect for the 'Just got out of lover's bed' look. Thanks Lucia...
  • Easier to find in charity shops
  • Shirts make great skirts... In fact I might wear one tomorrow...

Cons-

  • Guys might be wearing the same as you. I've had it happen...
  • Might be too bulky/ too masculine.
  • Guys give you weird looks when you shop in their department.
  • Trousers are bad, unless you do not have child bearing hips or a bottom.
  • Shoes rarely fit.
  • Made for a different figure than the average woman... Obviously.
  • Guys might think you are in a relationship. Again has happened.
  • Or if you are in a relationship- he can't be too pleased if you steal his favourite shirt.

All I can think of. Again suggestions welcome, will add...

Over and Out,

BK

No comments:

Post a Comment