Monday 5 October 2009

Lost in Austen...

Well, they are slightly later than Austen, but still amazing and I generally wish I owned every single one of them.
These are a collection of drawings which I found in this really small bookshop down the road from my school. It's perfect with books everywhere and smells old, in a good way. I've some really great History of Art books, which is what I want to do at uni next year hopefully...
These pages were lose in a box and I think of a reproduction from a 1950s book, but am not particularly sure... Enjoy
Party dresses! So pretty


I want this orange dress, and the muff. Love the colours!

Doesn't the purple one remind you of Queen Victoria? I don't know why, would make sense as she influenced fashion so much before Albert died...







Love the use of colour here. The dresses in all would be so impractical in today's society, imagine trying to get into a Mini Cooper with a bustle. Could be a tight squeeze. I've always thought empire lines are unflattering on most, but watching the new mini series of Emma yesterday made me practically salivate over their adorable little jackets. Really tight and cropped with long sleeves, in velvet and cotton. Desperately need to acquire. Until then I shall read my new copy of Vogue and lust after every item in there. Currently loving Ralph Lauren. Adverts are always so simple and the clothes... my god. Words cannot describe.
Ok, I think that is all,
Over and Out,
BK

2 comments:

  1. beautiful photos!
    i like the clothes on the past.

    http://momfashionworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete