Friday 16 October 2009

Designs x2...

Basically I'm bored and feel drawing pretty clothes and general things is way more interesting than writing essays and tackling yet more mechanics work. When will the parents finally realise my brain is not programmed under 'Science?' I strictly stick to Classics and History, with the occasional twinkle of the ol' Joanna... Regina Spektor atm, LOVE! Eet is amazing. Also Kissing You by Des'ree. OMG it's so amazing and moving and generally should be played twenty four seven. I believe it did appear on Romeo + Juliet, the one with Leo and Clare Danes. I love Baz Luhrman, I swear he is a genius.









LOVE!

Anyhoo, due to complete lack of motivation to do anything but draw random items based on random things, here are a small selection:


These ones are based on the dresses and coats they were wearing in Emma, the new mini period drama on BBC at the mo. Mr Knightley and Mr Elton are both played by previous Edmunds from Mansfield Park, the one with Jonny Lee Miller is probably my favourite period drama ever bar Vanity Fair. It's amazing, words cannot describe, James Purefoy, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Rhys Ifans. I love you all. The little coat thing has a cravat, just thought it was cute.


Ok, top left is a drawing of a guy in my form. He is cool, proper public school hair, good looking, sadly short, but plays rugby and is a genuinely nice guy. He usually dresses slightly 1970s, cheese cloth shirts, baggy jeans. Not the usual underwear showing, skinny jean wearing type. The top right one is a rough sketch of a dress I own with a silk slip underneath and an amazingly incredible burnt orange smoking jacket I own. Just thought it looked awesome. Bottom is an inside out denim jacket I was given with one of my 1980s skirts, red New Look waist belt, sheer material from a vintage ball gown and hold ups. I love hold ups, I do believe they are possibly the sexiest things ever, my mother refuses to buy me some. I remember buying some whilst in France with Lucia. We came back to school, wore berets, red lipstick and spoke with an accent all day. International women of mystery...

Left is an outfit Lucia wore to school... yesterday? Most is from Next, but look sooo good. Loved it really did. Rocking my classic high waisted skirt and black tights combo, but with some cute velvet peep toe heels. Looked so good, really did. Right is an altered version of mine. Grey wool jumper, Vivienne Westwood style belt and pink silk skirt from TK Maxx. I also wore it with a silk scarf and wool coat. Theme? The Queen... Not forgetting the patent black pumps...

First is based on a dress I saw this old woman wearing. It had amazing drapery (god I say that word a lot) and was full length, almost 1940s couture. Stunning piece, she looked so glamorous just for a trip to an Art History lecture. The t-shirts are just designs I have for one I want to decorate. I love the second. Please don't steal...

Thanks,
Over and Out,
BK




1 comment:

  1. i love When Doves Cry in Romeo and Juliet. So soulful and well .... great!

    ReplyDelete