Wednesday 21 July 2010

week...

Been away for a week due to power cuts, music festivals and a computer virus. But all is good. now. Went to Latitude music festival this weekend for the third time. It was amazing, as always, bar it got some really bad press. I don't really want to go into it...

Anyway, we saw the amazing Tom Jones, Vampire Weekend, Florence and the Machine (it was so hot my friend fainted...) and Nigel Kennedy who was unbelievably spectacular. And the orchestra were amazing. In general was amazing. What I loved was that people always try to go for directional outfits. This year it was crop tops. Sadly everyone wore them. I didn't. I hate the sun, so I was fully covered up (with some very short shorts... didn't realise how short when I bought them,) with tights, scarves and a parasol.

Also saw the La-de-dahs who are a 40s style trio who sing a mixture of modern and retro songs. Their version of Dog Days Are Over and Bad Romance were honestly better than the originals. And I got their autographs. It was so cool! In such a sad fan way. Anyway, check out their version of Song For The Dead. It's on iTunes soon...

Mumford and Sons were also awesome as was to be expected. But Tom Jones was probably the highlight, his voice is still as strong as it was all those years ago.

I have drawings, but haven't got them on the pc yet.

Some more fashion drawings though...

Raquelle's Leavers' Ball dress...

BK


No comments:

Post a Comment