Sunday 11 July 2010

Busy little bee.

Thanks for the lovely comments from Roz at clothescamerasandcoffee, Abi-Anne at stylebouquet and Cindy at Glamour Bbey.

So the last few days have been soo busy. I was working at the July Cup at the Newmarket Racecourse. It was so hot and the polyester shirts we had to wear definitely did not help. I've made some drawings of some of the outfits. The best dressed lady wore a beautiful Roland Mouret dress. It was white and so structured and she looked amazing so well done her.

Yesterday was also busy and sooooo hot. Luckily the pool is heated and so was close to freezing. It was nice. I also had my choir concert. Last one ever as I shall be going to uni in September. 10 years. It's gone relatively quickly I guess. I did Send in the Clowns. And made people cry. Is that a good thing?

So I have some more drawings. I have some rough sketches of Newmarket that I will put up later. Also Latitude Festival this weekend! More chances to get some drawing done.
Also another big thing for this summer. I entered a competition for Young Brits at Art last year and as a Top Ten runner up, my work is being exhibited in the Saatchi Gallery! So exciting. Am also trying to organise a small exhibition at my house to raise money for uni. Any ideas?

Silk playsuit. shimmery beiges and browns. I like it.

Velvet. incredibly structured. Black embroidery up the side. Kinda based on a dress I got from a charity shop. So structured, love it.

Wow, I just found Glee on Spotify. Aren't I cool? Definite Puck fan...

BK

2 comments:

  1. Very artistic, I must say.. You really had a bright future with what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete