Thursday 1 July 2010

Universities

Went to Cambridge University today for Dolly. She wants to Land Management, because she can get seriously wealthy as an outcome from it!

Anyway it was soooooo hot. As in unbearably so. I stole my dad's vintage Panama- it's now officially mine, yay! The charity shops were surprisingly naff. Though the books were great. I bought a copy of Medea and a complete collection of Oscar Wilde for Dolly's birthday. Also the latest Philippa Gregory. I have a slight obsession with historical romances. This one- The White Queen- is about Elizabeth Woodville and shows her in a completely different way to Sharon Penman's Sunne in Splendour (which is so good, it's ridiculous.)

The vintage shop had little stock, but what it had was really good. It's so nice to go to a vintage shop and find the only cotton dresses to cost £50. There was a really cute pinafore dress, but it made me look pregnant. Which is never good... But there was this super-pretty 50s skirt. Sadly my waist is not 23" or I would have snapped it up. I might consider toning up merely to wear some of those beautiful skirts.

I just love maxi dresses and shorts at the moment. Extremes, but short skirts look funny on my chunky legs and (thank God) I have the height to pull off full length dresses.

More drawings as I haven't the energy to write more (which I would probably reverse in about two minutes...)


A slight Classics enthusiast I just couldn't resist drawing yet another Grecian style dress. I love that sort of twisted rope neckline. And the nude colour is so pretty.

Major draping. Inner corset. This is sultry nights (one of the themes for Gok's Fashion Fix this week.) Not Grecian. And the Temperley gown used. I would kill for clothes like that.

Hmmm, can't think of anything more to say. Oh, any suggestions for summer shoes? My trainers are ruined and I can't wear leather boots as I have to wear socks with them. What shall a girl do?! Plus earlier in Office I asked for a size 8, they bought about a size 6 pair as 'they had no size 8's left.' What was I going to do with a size 6 pair??!!

BK

1 comment: