Monday 25 October 2010

It's been a while...

Well, not that much of a while. But I might as well state it as such. Just telling a friend that only in St Andrews would you get people demanding a Marks and Spencers, or generally spending a fortune in Jack Wills/Joules.
The charity shops are awesome. Bought a MaxMara coat for £25. Bargain methinks. It's wool and angora. So warm, which is amazing in the freezing weather that seems to inhabit Scotland.
Another St Andrews blogger- everythinglooksrosie.wordpress.com- wrote a piece recently on the sheer absurbancy (is that even a word?) of St Andrews fashion. The red trousers are common- and it's not just the students, my tutor sports a fine pair too... It's not a rare sight to see the Barbours, Hunters and tweed out on display. The girls with dyed blonde hair, body-con skirts or leggings and gilets.

I am currently partaking in a fashion challenge set by a friend. I recently bought a rather hideous yellow and white houndstooth wool coat for £3. By cutting off the sleeves, I've slightly improved it. Secondly. I also have a strong connection with a pair of Topshop shorts. So the challenge is to wear the coat every time I go out and I'm not allowed to wear the shorts for a week. It's going to be hard, especially as I have a party tomorrow. And the coat is particularly hideous.
Wish me luck!!
BK

1 comment:

  1. I love finding charity shop buys that look totally un-prepossessing on the hanger, then turning them into something interesting! And I'm impressed by your £25 Maxmara coat too.. I once found a conker coloured leather Nordstrom coat in a charity shop in Bristol for the same price, which I love.
    Thank you for your supportive comment, and I like your latest sketches!

    http://clothescamerasandcoffee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete