Friday 3 December 2010

Snow

Again there has been a serious delay in posting... And again I have no photos... apologies. Though I could have a hunt and I'll see what I come up with.
As anyone in the UK is aware, we have a serious snow problem on our hands. This could easily result in a constant wearing of tracksuits and tights, merely to keep in what little warmth we have. In my case and a few of my friends we are trying to go for a different approach. It's believed that skirts are warmer than trousers. And in skirts nothing, for me, is warmer than a beloved 1970s vintage wool circle skirt. So on trend, and so pretty. For the complete look it is always paired with a favourite cashmere jumper.
One of my friends hunts constantly for fur coats, which she then turns inside out. Together with a fur hat, she looks reminiscent of a bond girl. I usually get fortune teller or peasant, due to my constant use of scarves to keep my head warm.

Tonight is my first Christmas ball up here. It's a hall-one, so nothing too fancy. Many of the other balls are invite only, or require you queuing from 6.30 in the morning. No joke. Anyway, the boys have to wear suits. As usual that is meant to be enough for a girl to gauge what to wear. Not so. One friend speaks of knee length and below, another knee length and above. The guys used the phrase 'Slutty, Butty, Slitty, Titty.' Apparently a sister came up with it. Derogatory yes, but something I may just need to follow...

Will keep you posted!
BK

ps- Many thanks to Roz at http://clothescamerasandcoffee.blogspot.com for her lovely comment! So glad you are making a speedy recovery:)

No comments:

Post a Comment