Monday 25 April 2011

Oh my.

So I haven't blogged for, quite frankly, ages. First year is nearly over and I've very little to show for it on this here blog, bar a few mumbles and murbles on the odd people here. I feel I've barely covered it to honest. I was thinking earlier that in my first week I would skype my friend Lucille at home, and cross off each day in sheer desperation to get home.
Now I'm loving it. I've made great friends, spent an obscene amount of money, gone to countless balls, met friends of friends, parents of friends and dogs of friends.Yet I still regret just how little I've done. I've worn my rather fetching gown twice, and only done one lot of sport. And that was last week. Everyone takes the attitude that you'll be here for four years so why try to cram everything into the first? But come past freshers' week it's rare to meet new people randomly in the street.
The whole town is buzzing with the coming Royal Wedding. We're all dressing up and heading down to one of the pubs which Kate and Wills used to frequent. Have you seen the new film? Don't believe it. I don't think I've ever seen Sandy Andy that green. Mainly because it wasn't filmed here I guess. Another phenomenon to come out of the university is this rather delightful video.





Hopefully it will work. You see these guys everywhere. In lectures, just round town, but they have become international phenomenons. It's amazing. And is putting our small town on the map.

Am really hoping to post much more often. Still haven't got a camera, but I can always attempt with facebook, right?

Over and Out
BK

No comments:

Post a Comment