Tuesday 26 April 2011

oooo two in a row...

My oh my, so two days posting in a row. Aren't we all lucky? So I've found a few photos on Facebook to show y'all. Not overly exciting, but just to show you a little snippet of St Andrews life.

This is from our Christmas ball. It's held in a converted barn, you get greeted by one of the many acapella groups, and there is unlimited free ice-cream. It was a really good night. So luckily the £30 price tag paid off!
This is just me, mucking around in my room with the roommate. She has massive prejudices against people with an artistic dress sense, and has very eschewed views on what fits well and what's suits people. It's quite odd. I guess her style is... cute. All frills and pinafore dresses, but it doesn't overly work. But she puts up with my extraordinarily messy room, so I like her:)
These two are from a really beautiful day a few weeks ago. Me and two friends sat on the beach for about five hours discussing everything and taking hundreds of photos. It was really worth it, but the sea was freezing! One of the friends went swimming, I think she regretted it... I live in shorts all year round bar summer. They are just so comfy, but in summer there would just be way too much white wobbly flesh on show. It's just safer to keep the legs under wraps you know?

Haha, I got so excited about this photo. That's my hand, but you can't see my face. Regardless it's Royal Wedding capital up here. As the two most famous alumni of the university their visit was met with a huge audience in freezing weather. Kate was so skinny! But her cute red jacket was so die for!

From the aforementioned sunny day (there are so few, we all document them:)) I just liked the composition.

You can see the state of my room in this one. I'm messy, I admit it. I blame my artistic temperament... Can I pull that one? Another dress up time with the roommate. I have no idea what I was doing, but I kinda like it.


This is a picture from yet another ball. This time the Masquerade Ball. There were a lot of free drinks. A LOT. The coat I'm wearing here is vintage 60s, raw silk. So beautiful and cost £25 from one of my beloved St Andrews charity shops. It's actually stunning.
This is us lot strolling away from halls in our rather fetching red gowns. Mine's only been worn twice. So it's not really worth the money right now. We were off to do the pier walk which involves walking along a stretch of about 100 metres, about 15 foot above sea level and about 1 metre across. It's horrible. But the adrenaline was amazing.


People don't really understand the strangeness of it until they come here. It's such a stylish place and I love that you can tell what the weather is like outside by looking at the guys' trousers. In art history alone today we had lilac, green, yellow and red. It was pretty amazing. Though red trousers seem to be a particular St Andrews trend, a friend and I have decided that salmon pink is most definitely the way to go. It's classy, and, especially on the rugby-player build, just is not feminine. It's beautiful. Unless of course you are 'Red-Trousers Boy.' Us girls all come up with nicknames to help us discuss people we have never met. Exceedingly shallow, and, as the guys say, occasionally perverted, but so helpful. In the case of 'Red-Trousers Boy' he always wears the said-coloured chinos, and off-set with his curly blond hair and stunning good looks he is a common topic for conversation. Other such names are 'Kurt' (due to a facial similarity with the character from Glee) 'Girl-bum' (due to his 'girl's bum') and 'Angel Boy.' Angel Boy looks like a cherub and is just generally stunning. Good for him. Isn't it true that if you are wealthy, good-looking and male life is made?
Well it seems to have been for Prince William. The new movie? Watched, and will be discussed at some other time as my Ancient History essay is calling...

Sleep well, over and out,
BK

No comments:

Post a Comment