Thursday 14 October 2010

Legs...

Decided to blog today as am sitting in bed feeling sorry for myself. So in Scotland it is generally agreed that it's cold. Which makes it even weirder that the Americans walk round with orange bare legs. Madness. The cold and need for sturdy shoes allows for a degree of interesting hosiery.
I always thought it was considered wrong to wear white tights. Or at least it should be left to the leggy model-esque girls of minute proportions. But I saw a girl the other day with white tights and a dark purple outfit and it just seemed to work. Who cares if she was slightly on the chunky side? She looked awesome and so cute as she had a purple Alice band over very long straight black hair.
I can never do cute- so I admire anyone who can.
Today I was walking behind a girl with black tights and thin, brown, calf-length socks on top. Weird? Yes. But it also seemed slightly on-trend and quirky in a good way. She had nice ankles so it worked. God forbid the day that I bust out mid-calf socks. It won't be a pretty sight. By saying it seemed on trend I struggle to say that in the 'Bubble' that is this university I've found it impossible to keep up with the going ons of the fashion industry. I get my Glamour and Vogue. I read my blogs, but I'm never in the mood to digest them fully.
It seems I'm in an anti-fashion mode right now and it kills me. It really does.

BK

No comments:

Post a Comment